A Football Tour of Brazil , Argentina and Uruguay
Tour the World Cup winning countries of Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay
With the 2016 Olympic games being held in Brazil , travel to South America will become more popular. With this in mind we have put together this unique tour that visits the World cup winning countries of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil. Savour this memorable experience to learn all there is to know about the history of South American football visiting the iconic stadia and even taking in some local matches.
South America Tour overview
- Day 1 / Buenos Aires
- Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, we transfer to the hotel. During a city exploration through the Southern area, we will get to know the 9 de Julio Avenue and Avenida de Mayo as well as the well-known districts San Telmo and La Boca. In La Boca we visit the museum and football stadium home to the “Boca Juniors”. It is one of the most important football teams in South America. Afterwards a Welcome Dinner awaits at a typical “Bodegon”, decorated with football team flags!
- Day 2 / Buenos Aires
- Today, after breakfast, we visit the Northern area of the city and enjoy a guided tour to La Recoleta district, one of the city’s most glamorous spots. Then we head to the Club Atlético River Plate Stadium, home of the Boca Junior’s rival team. As it is the biggest stadium in Argentina, it is known as “The Monumental”. We will learn about the history of the club and enjoy the interactive museum. This evening enjoy dinner at Viejo Almacen and a fantastic Tango show.
- Day 3 / Buenos Aires
- Take a leisurely breakfast as today is a day at leisure to keep on discovering the city on your own or to enjoy the hotel facilities. There may be the chance for an optional visit a football match (dates & rates on request).
- Day 4 / Buenos Aires – Colonia
- After breakfast, today we transfer to the pier of Buenos Aires to take the hydrofoil to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. Upon arrival we take a city tour to explore the colonial town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995. Afterwards we take a public bus ride Montevideo.
- Day 5 / Montevideo
- Enjoy breakfast at your hotel. The first Football World Cup was held in Uruguay in 1930 and was won by the Uruguayan National Team. Although Uruguay ́s population only counts approximately 3.5 million, the Uruguayan national team has already won the Word Cup twice (1930 & 1950). During a city tour we will discover Montevideo, visit the Centenario Stadium and its museum and will learn about the passion almost all Uruguayans share: fútbol!
- Day 6 / Montevideo
- After breakfast, we enjoy a day of leisure in the Uruguayan capital and go for a walk or a bike ride on the beautiful “rambla”, the river- front road. There may be the chance for an optional tour: Before enjoying a local football match, you can savour a typical “Asado” (BBQ) at the home of your local guide, who will then take you to the stadium.
- Day 7 / Rio de Janeiro
- After breakfast we take a flight (not included) to Rio de Janeiro. In the afternoon, we visit Sugar Loaf Mountain. There may be the chance for an optional welcome toast on top of Urca Hill, sampling the local drink of Caiprinha. Dinner will be served at the BBQ restaurant Porcão Rios.
- Day 8 / Rio de Janeiro
- This morning, after breakfast, we visit of the Flamengo Football Club, the most famous team in Rio de Janeiro, and its museum. After touring the club, we will watch the practice and meet some of the players. Lunch will be at leisure. In the afternoon, we visit the famous Maracanã Stadium. and there may be the optional choice to take in a football match in the Maracanã Stadium (dates & rates on request). At Lorenzo Bistrô, we will enjoy a delicious dinner with fresh pasta & risotto specialities.
- Day 9 / Rio de Janeiro
- We enjoy breakfast before today sees us visit the “Bola Pra Frente Institute”. The group will have the opportunity to be welcomed by the famous player Jorginho, visit the social project and play with the students. In the afternoon, a football class and a match awaits us at the beach! You will enjoy a Bohemian night in Rio at the Rio Scenarium nightclub. Dinner will be an assortment of delicious finger food.
- Day 10 / Rio de Janeiro
- After breakfast, we transfer to the airport for the return flight home.
If you would like further information about this tour of Bazil, Argentina and Uruguay then please call us on 01926 658797 or complete the form below and we will be in touch.