Lake House in Victoria
lf-Tasker understands that haute cuisine is best achieved with haute ingredients, and that when you marry technical accomplishment to an understanding of the essence of flavour, you’ve got yourself one helluva plate of food.
The Weekend AustralianMagazine
A-List 50 Great Australian Restaurants
Lake House, Victoria
- One of Australia’s most in demand getaways – Lake House sits on the shores of Lake Daylesford in Victoria. The small luxury hotel is renowned for its restaurant and cellar, which draws foodies from around the world. Six acres of country gardens extend down to the lakeshore and provide guests with immediate access to the Wombat State Forest beyond.A la carte and tasting menus change with the availability of the region’s best produce and you’ll often see the crew of 20 chefs in the orchard or herb garden picking delicate edible flowers or other such items to finish off the daily menus. The cellar is a standout with over 800 references and more than 10,000 bottles – it’s regarded as one of Australia’s most interesting and edgy wine lists. The Salus Spa designed with blond wood and splashes of Tiffany blue, is surrounded by waterfall fed streams and completes the picture of this indulgent and blissful retreat.• One of Australia’s most awarded restaurants – Lake House has 2 chefs hats in The Age Good Food Guide and the award for Best Country Restaurant
• The Salus Spa boasts use of the region’s famed mineral water springs and books fast – reservations are recommended prior to arrival
• Each season brings a different beauty to the region. We recommend Autumn for true foodie travellers, Winter for those after something romantic, Summer for long lunches on the waterfront terraces and long swims in the lake and Spring for those with a love of gardens and the great outdoors
• Lake House is located 80 minutes from Melbourne and is a wonderful addition to a visit to the great cultural city
• Minimum two night stay
• Three days will only scratch the surface of what’s available in the region – cellar doors, farm gate tours, markets, galleries, open studios, nature walks, golf, horse riding and so much more are on offer
Images of Lake House, Victoria
To book your stay at Lake House , Victoria please contact Dave Pope on 01926 658797 or fill in the form below and we will be in touch.