In God’s Own Country
A Luxury sojourn across Sublime Kerala, the jewel of South India
We have put together this unique tour that visits Cochin,Periyar, Kumarakom, Alleppey, Mararikulam and Kovalam . This unique escape to explore South India has many highlights including staying at the finest luxury hotels and beach resorts in Kerala and Goa and visiting a unique elephant sanctuary, where you will get to feed and play with elephants.
In God’s Own Country Tour overview
- Day 1 / Arrive in Cochin
- Arrive in beautiful sun-kissed Cochin, also known as ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’. You will be welcomed in traditional Indian style and driven to your luxury hotel by a private chauffeur-driven car. Check into your hotel.In the evening, you will proceed for a magical sunset cruise. Quaint cantilever Chinese fishing nets, the beautiful Malabar Coast and the setting sun make the perfect backdrop for a cruise in the sea.
- Day 2 / Cochin
- During your morning sightseeing tour of Cochin, visit the Jewish Town and Synagogue, the Dutch Palace,
St. Francis Church and Chinese fishing nets.In the evening, witness a performance of the Kathakali dance form and view the riveting process of makeup and paintwork on the artists’ faces.
- Day 3 / Cochin- Periyar
- In the morning, you will be driven to Periyar. Check in at the luxury resort. The Periyar National Park is located on the hills of the Western Ghats, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the riches habitats for the Indian elephant and several other species of mammals and rich birdlife including the Great Indian Hornbill. You will be taken to visit the Elephant Junction, a unique elephant sanctuary. A 1.5 hours session with the elephants includes a 45 minute elephant ride, bath and showering, a photo session and feeding.
Back at the resort, you will spend your evening relaxing and at leisure.
- Day 4 / Periyar – Kumarakom
- In the morning, you will enjoy a boat ride on the Lake Periyar to watch the wildlife come to the shore to drink. In the afternoon, you will stroll around the aromatic and exotic spice plantations and later be drivento Kumarakom. Check in at the luxury hotel in Kumarakom.
- Day 5 / Kumarakom – Alleppey
- Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel. Proceed towards the world famous backwaters of Kerala. Board your traditional houseboat and sail through the languid backwaters.
- Day 6 / Alleppey – Mararikulam
- After breakfast, you will disembark the houseboat and be driven to Mararikulam. Check in at your beach resort.Your afternoon will be at leisure on a pristine beach. Sip fresh coconut water and enjoy the caressing breeze of the ocean.
- Day 7 /Mararikulam
- Enjoy your breakfast at the resort.The day is free for you to relax, unwind and wander around at your own pace. Indulge in a sublime
Ayurvedic spa massage at your resort
- Day 8 / Mararikulam to Kovalam.
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Kovalam for a luxurious beach retreat. You will check in at your beach resort for 3 nights of bliss, serenity and indulgence.
- Day 9-10/Kovalam
- Spend your days sunbathing, strolling along the palm fringed beaches, visiting the local markets or relaxing in the luxury of the hotel.
- Day 11/ Departure
- After breakfast, we transfer to the airport for the return flight home.