Pope&Sons | Worldwide Luxury Travel
Sanctuary Ananda Cruise Myanmar
Sanctuary Ananda Cruise overview
- Day 1 / Bagan
- Join Sanctuary Ananda and settle in your suite in time for lunch. In the afternoon, travel to Bagan by coach to visit some of the 2,000 temples and pagodas spread over the plain. Some of the most important archaeological sites include the Ananda, the Htilominlo and the Pyathatgyi. Finally, climb on the upper terrace of the latter to enjoy the views of the sun setting behind the hills on the far side of the Ayeyarwady, filling the sky with a reddish glow. Finish off this busy day with a welcome cocktail at Kansi Panorama Lounge followed by a candle-lit sandbank dinner.
- Day 2 / Bagan
- After breakfast, visit the bustling local market of Nyaung Market, followed by the sacred Buddhist Shwezigon Pagoda which houses a bone and tooth of the Gautama Buddha. It is then time to head to the Gubyaukgyi Temple before returning to the ship. Your cruise officially begins! Set sail northwards, towards Sagaing.This afternoon, you can either join one of lectures and demonstrations offered on board or simply sit back and relax.
- Day 3 /Mandalay- Sagaing-Avao Amarapura
- Early birds can enjoy early morning meditation classes and yoga training on board before breakfast as the ship sails towards Sagaing. Breakfast at leisure. A back of house tour and cooking class with our Executive Chef will also be on the program this morning. After lunch, visit the monasteries and pagodas of Sagaing, Ava and Amarapura by horse cart or coach. Take the time to visit local silversmiths and textile workshops before heading to the U Bein Bridge for drinks at sunset.
- Day 4 /Mandalay Disembark
- For those who wish, an early morning visit to the Sanctuary adopted village of Sinjun is offered. This wonderful community will show you the typical life of the villagers and you will witness a way of life seldom viewed by outsiders.
- Day 5 / Departure
- Arrive in Mandalay around 09:00 and disembark. For those leaving on a later flight we can arrange a tour of Mandalay, including visits to Mahamuni Pagoda, Shwenandaw Monastery and Kuthodaw Pagoda.