Rainforest Retreat at Silky Oaks Lodge
Silky Oaks Lodge Overview
- Silky Oaks Lodge is located in a stunning riverside location adjoining the oldest living rainforests the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. The modernised and elegant lodge offers ecological and culturally sensitive experiences, adventure or indulgent leisure. The surrounding region is diverse featuring lush tropical rainforests, vast savannahs, lava caves, unique river excursions as well the nearby Great Barrier Reef. The journey by road from Cairns takes in the gorgeous scenery of sealed coastal road meandering along deserted beach vistas and the sparkling waters of the Coral Sea.
Located close to the Mossman Gorge and its indigenous experiences including the Dreamtime Walk, the activities at the Lodge itself range from hiking trails, river swimming, paddling, canoeing, snorkelling, picnicking, biking excursions, guided bird walks and yoga by the river. There are thirty six designer furnished lodges with large spa baths and balconies ranging from the Billabong Suites and Family Retreat to River and Treehouses set in 80 acres of grounds adjoining The Daintree National Park.
The Treehouse Restaurant presents diners with an exciting menu using high quality locally sourced produce. The mineral rich waters of the river provide an inspiration for the Healing Waters Spa and a wide range of treatments using the luxurious organic Sodashi products enabling a perfect therapeutic escape and total relaxation.
- Experience the oldest living rainforest on the planet – The Daintree
- Just over an hour drive from Cairns Airport and 20 minutes from Port Douglas
- World-renowned lodge, recently rebuilt and refurbished under new ownership
- Endless options to explore the region: hiking, canoeing, river snorkelling
- Award winning Healing Waters Spa